George W. Lee House
This c. 1846 Greek Revival house, among Howell's oldest, was the home to prominent citizen George W. Lee (1812-1882). Lee moved from New York State to Michigan in 1836. A bussinessman and public servant, Lee helped establish the Republican Party in 1854 and started the county's first newspaper, the Livingston Republican, in 1855. We was appointed quartermaster for Michigan during the Civil War,and later served as Indian Agent for the State.