The Hogue House
In 1854 Robert Hogue (1846~1905) migrated from Pennsylvania to Pipestone Township with his family. At age seventeen, he began teaching in a local school. He attended Adrian College, later graduating from the University of Michigan before he resumed teaching in Berrien County. Soon after purchasing 170 acres of land in 1874, Hogue married Mary Rector. The Hogues built this house in the late nineteenth century. Modernized around 1940, the house retains many Victorian details. Robert Hogue held several township offices and served as postmaster and justice of the peace.