E. C. Williams House

Registered Site L1901

E. C. Williams House

E. C. Williams built this double house in 1890-91, in what was then the village of Fort Gratiot. Williams published the Fort Gratiot Sun, a newspaper that circulated primarily among railroad passengers and crew. In 1894 the village merged with the city of Port Huron, and Williams renamed the paper the Port Huron Sun. In 1894 he helped charter the local chapter of the Typographical Union of North America. The building is a rare late-nineteenth-century example of a duplex in Port Huron
photo of E. C. Williams House

Erected 1994

Location: 2511-2513 Tenth Ave.
Port Huron, Saint Clair County

Historic Homes

Latitude: 43.000833, Longitude: -82.435283

© 2021 - MichMarkers.com