Oak Park Methodist Episcopal Church
Flint automotive giants William C. Durant and J. Dallas Dort donated this land for a Methodist Episcopal church on Flint's growing north side, Between 1900 and 1910, the population tripled, spurred by the formation of General Motors in 1908. The Reverend Frank M. Field organized the Oak Park Methodist Episcopal Church on July 18, 1909. Flint architects George M. Edwards and James F. Sterling designed the Neo-Gothic structure. The congregation dedicated the chapel on May 15, 1910, and the main church October 8, 1916. An addition containing a library, a chapel, and office was built in 1969.