John Isaac Cutler House
In 1853, John and Christina Cutler and their ten children came to this area from New York and founded the town of Cutlerville. In 1891, Cutler's son John Isaac built a three-story brick house. The interior was embellished with hardwood and heated by a gas furnace. In 1910 the Cutlers sold the home and farm to what became the Pine Rest Christian Hospital Association. The former residence was its first treatment center. In 1979 it was restored and renamed The Homestead.