Vermontville United Methodist Church
A Methodist class was organized in this area in 1845. Early worship services, held in private homes and local services were conducted by preachers traveling the Eaton circuit. In 1859 the Michigan Methodist Conference made Vermontville a separate charge and installed the Reverend Josiah Fowler as its pastor. In 1862 this church was constructed at a site two miles northeast of this location. It was moved here in 1877. After the completion of renovation, including the addition of a belfry and tower, the church was rededicated on this site on January 8, 1878. The handsome Late Victorian style church with its pointed-arch stained glass windows is the home of one of the town's oldest religious organizations.