John Garfield House
John Garfield built this house on his 160-acre farm around 1835. The symmetry, pilaster-framed entrance and cornice returns reflect the simplicity of the Greek Revival style. In 1846, John and Elizabeth Cox purchased the house. When John died in 1859 the property was passed to his married daughter Catherine Lamb and his thirteen-year-old son Ezra. As john's widow, Elizabeth retained dower rights on the estate. Ezra died in 1883 and the Lambs retained the property until 1903.