The Mosherville Church was built in 1861-62 on land donated by Joseph and Mary Riggs. Originally part of the Litchfield circuit of the Methodist Episcopal Church, it became the home church of a separate circuit in 1870. The Ladies Aid Society was organized in 1891. In 1893 a bequest from Kate C. Brower allowed the society to enlarge the church, adding the Kate C. Brower Memorial Chapel. The church has held weekly non-denominational services since 1943.