Kimball House Museum
Three generations of doctors made this structure their home. The attractive Victorian house was built by Dr. Arthur H. Kimball in 1886. Kimball, a city health official, came to this area in 1883. His son, Arthur S. Kimball, became Battle Creek's first pediatrician, founded the local chapter of the American Red Cross and established clinics for the poor. Arthur S. Kimball, Jr., gained national recognition for his work in the treatment of tuberculosis. In 1966, heirs of the Kimball family donated the property to the Junior League for use as a museum.