Central Title Service Building


Central Title Service Building photo of Central Title Service Building
On August 6, 1845, the first graduation ceremony for the University of Michigan was held in this building, which was then the First Presbyterian Church. Founded in 1817 in Detroit, the first university of the state moved to Ann Arbor in 1837, the year this building was constructed. Graduations were held here for the next eleven years and then moved to other church locations until the University of Michigan constructed a building large enough for this purpose.
 

Registered Site S0584
Erected 1986

Location: 213 East Washington
Ann Arbor, Washtenaw County

Topics:
Colleges and Universities


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.280526 W83.749961
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.