The Observatory

The Observatory photo of The Observatory
The Albion College Astronomical Observatory was built in 1883-84 at the urging of Dr. Samuel Dickie, who later became president of the college. Dickie helped raise $10,000 to build and equip the facility. The observatory still harbors its original telescope, transit circle, sidereal clock and chronograph. The building has housed classrooms, a bookstore, faculty offices and the West Michigan Methodist Conference archives. In 1984, it was refurbished as the college Ethics Center.

See Also

Albion College

Registered Site S0566
Erected 1985

Location: Albion College Campus
Albion, Calhoun County

Colleges and Universities

Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
N42.245103048 W84.74462985
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.