Detroit College of Law


Detroit College of Law photo of Detroit College of Law
Established in 1891, the Detroit College of Law was the first law school in the Detroit area and the second one in Michigan. The college, which opened in 1892 with sixty-nine students, was incorporated in 1893. Included in the first graduating class were men who became circuit court judges, a supreme court justice and an ambassador. Since its inception, the college has been a privately funded, coeducational institution devoted to professional education in law.
 

College relocated to Michigan State University campus, East Lansing
Building demolished to make way for Comerica Park


Registered Site S0554
Erected 1983

Location: 130 E. Elizabeth St.
Detroit, Wayne County

Topics:
Colleges and Universities
Missing Markers


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.339196623 W83.04848670
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.