Wawashkamo Golf Club


Wawashkamo Golf Club photo of Wawashkamo Golf Club
In 1898 Chicago cottagers founded the Wawashkamo Golf Club. By 1900 the club had been incorporated and the clubhouse had been built on the site of the 1814 Battle of Mackinac Island. Wawashkamo is Indian for "Crooked Trail." Golf course architect Alex B. Smith left the natural features of the site unaltered in his design for these true nine-hole Scottish links. Wawashkamo Golf Club is Michigan's oldest unchanged private nine-hole golf links.
 

Registered Site S0550A
Erected 1983

Location: British Landing Road
Mackinac Island, Mackinac County

Topics:
Hotels and Inns


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N45.8702899 W84.6320629
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.