American Academy of Pediatrics


American Academy of Pediatrics photo of American Academy of Pediatrics
The American Academy of Pediatrics was founded on June 24, 1930, by thirty-four physicians at Harper Hospital. Isaac A. Abt, M.D., was elected as it first president; John L. Morse, M.D., was chosen as the first vice-president; and Clifford G. Grulee, M.D., served as the first secretary-treasurer. The academy has always had as its primary purpose "The attainment by all children of the Americas of their full potential for physical, emotional, and social health." The academy conducts regular educational programs for child health professionals, encourages support of basic and applied research, and sponsors numerous public information and child advocacy programs. By its golden anniversary in 1980, The American Academy of Pediatrics' membership roll included more than twenty thousand pediatricians.
 

Registered Site S0534
Erected 1980

Location: 3990 John R St
Detroit, Wayne County

Topics:
Clubs and Organizations


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.351464 W83.057370
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.