Meadow Brook Hall


Meadow Brook Hall photo of Meadow Brook Hall
Home of Alfred G. and Matilda Dodge Wilson (widow of John Dodge), this Tudor style mansion was built in 1926-29. William E. Kapp of Smith, Hinchman and Grylls designed the Hall, incorporating details from famous homes of England. Mr. and Mrs. Wilson deeded the Hall and its 1400-acre estate to Michigan State University in 1957 to found what is now Oakland University. The Hall opened to the public in September 1971 as a conference and cultural center of the University.
 

Registered Site S0492
Erected 1979

Location: 480 South Adams Road
Rochester Hills, Oakland County

Topics:
Auto Industry
Historic Homes


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.6722386 W83.2014906
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.