Fisher Building


Fisher Building photo of Fisher Building
The Golden Tower of the Fisher Building has brightened the skyline of metropololitan Detroit since 1928. Called Detroit's largest art object, the Fisher Brothers, developers of the closed automobile, erected the building for their offices. Architect Albert Kahn received the Architectural League's Silver Medal designating this as the most beautiful commercial structure of the year. Outside metallic trim is solid bronze. Gold leaf dominates the hand-painted arcade ceiling, and marble from all over the world graces both the exterior and the interior of the building. Shop, restaurants, art galleries, business offices and the renowned Fisher Theatre are housed within its walls. Underground walkways connect the Fisher Building to the General Motors World Headquarters and the New Center Building.
 

Other buildings designed by Albert Kahn



Registered Site S0474
Erected 1978

Location: Grand Blvd at Woodward
Detroit, Wayne County

Topics:
Auto Industry
Commercial Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.369149 W83.077004
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.