Voigt House


Voigt House photo of Voigt House
This elegant and perfectly preserved Victorian mansion was built for Carl G. A. Voigt in 1895. Voigt came to Grand Rapids in 1870 and ran a mill and dry goods store with W. G. Herpolsheimer. In 1902, when the partnership ended, Voigt took over the milling works. The house designed by eminent local architect William G. Robinson, was inspired by the chateaux at Chenonceaux, France. The interior is furnished opulently with original possessions of the Voigt Family. In 1972, a year after the death of the last occupant, Ralph Voigt, the house became a public museum.
 

Registered Site S0419
Erected 1977

Location: 115 College Avenue SE
Grand Rapids, Kent County

Topics:
Historic Homes
Museums


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.960828 W85.656798
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.