Battle Creek Post Office


Battle Creek Post Office photo of Battle Creek Post Office
The second Battle Creek Post Office, one of Albert Kahn's earliest commissions, opened in 1907. He designed the structure with reinforced concrete supports, an innovation he later used in his internationally renowned factory designs. The building's stone trim and repeated arches exemplify Second Renaissance Revival architecture. The post office became the Calhoun County Hall of Justice in 1978, The structure was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1972.
 

Other buildings designed by Albert Kahn



Registered Site S0405
Erected 1989

Location: 67 East Michigan Ave
Battle Creek, Calhoun County

Topics:
Public Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.317471 W85.180779
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.