Harry J. Eustace Hall


Harry J. Eustace Hall photo of Harry J. Eustace Hall
Famous horticulturist and educator, Liberty Hyde Bailey, designed this building as the first separate horticulture laboratory in America. Completed in 1888, the structure contained rooms for classes and botanical experiments. It exemplified Bailey's pioneering work in scientific investigation of plant life. Its present name commemorates Harry J. Eustace, former chairman of the Horticulture Department. The Honors College now occupies the building.
 

Registered Site S0327
Erected 1977

Location: East Circle Drive
East Lansing, Ingham County

Topics:
Agriculture
Colleges and Universities


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.7321943 W84.4794934
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.