Michigan Central Depot


Michigan Central Depot photo of Michigan Central Depot
The Michigan Central Railroad Depot opened on July 27, 1888. Rogers and McFarlane of Detroit designed the depot, one of several Richardsonian Romanesque-style stations between Detroit and Chicago in the late nineteenth century. Thomas Edison as well as Presidents William Howard Taft and Gerald Ford visited here. The depot was acquired by the New York Cental Railroad in 1918, Penn Central in 1968 and Amtrak in 1970. The depot was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.
 

Registered Site S0317
Erected 1989

Location: West Van Buren (Clara's Restaurant)
Battle Creek, Calhoun County

Topics:
Transportation


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.3219693 W85.1830530
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.