First Presbyterian Church


First Presbyterian Church photo of First Presbyterian Church
This church was organized in 1829, one of the oldest Presbyterian groups in the state. The sanctuary, completed in 1849, is largely the work of the Rev. John Monteith, who preached here 1845-1855. A graduate of Princeton Seminary, he came to Michigan in 1816. In that year he founded the first Protestant society in Detroit. In 1817 he became the first president of the University of Michigan. After his service in Blissfield, he retired from active ministry.
 

Registered Site S0271
Erected 1966

Location: 306 Franklin Street
Blissfield, Lenawee County

Topics:
Presbyterian Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N41.835788 W83.867261
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.