Aquinas College

Aquinas College photo of Aquinas College
Aquinas had its beginning in 1887 as the Novitiate Normal School of the Dominican Sisters of Marywood. In 1922 it became Marywood College. When the college was moved downtown in 1931, it became the coeducational Catholic Junior College. It began operating as a four-year college in 1940 and was named in honor of the great medieval theologian and philosopher, St. Thomas Aquinas. Aquinas is primarily a liberal arts college. It was moved to this campus, the former Lowe estate, in 1945.

Registered Site S0235
Erected 1962

Location: 1607 Robinson SE
Grand Rapids, Kent County

Colleges and Universities

Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
N42.9605682 W85.6249952
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.