Hillsdale College


Hillsdale College photo of Hillsdale College
In 1844 a group of Freewill Baptists organized Michigan Central College at Spring Arbor. This college was the first in Michigan to grant degrees to women. Moved to Hillsdale in 1853 and chartered by the legislature in 1855, the school was renamed Hillsdale College under an independent board of trustees, its only controlling organization. The charter opened the institution "to all persons... irrespective of nationality, color or sex."
 

Registered Site S0230
Erected 1968

Location: Campus
Hillsdale, Hillsdale County

Topics:
Colleges and Universities


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N41.9321670 W84.6336507
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.