Grand River Trail


Grand River Trail photo of Grand River Trail
The old Grand River Indian Trail, now US-16, became a plank road in 1848. A toll gate and Red Bridge Post Office were located here. Nearby were homes of John Mullett, pioneer surveyor, and John Forester, explorer, north Michigan mine pioneer. Michigan State University, first U. S. land grant college, and Lansing, the capital of Michigan, lie to the west.
 

Registered Site S0031
Erected 1957

Location: Road side park M-43 east of Meridian Rd
Williamston, Ingham County

Topics:
Early Settlers


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.7092139 W84.3617606
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.