Village of Cash


Village of Cash photo of Village of Cash
Named after early settler Edward Cash, the village of Cash was founded in 1851. In 1868, seven Cash residents voted to found Watertown Township to govern and serve the quickly growing area. Each man who voted held at least one township post. In 1881, Cash survived wildfires that swept across the entire county in five hours. The arrival of the railroad in nearby Watertown in 1912 ended Cash's role as an important commercial center in the region.
 

Registered Site L2256
Erected 2014

Location: 2500 Cash Road
Watertown Township, Sanilac County

Topics:
Cities and Towns
Early Settlers


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.348730313 W82.78604730
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.