St. Philip Roman Catholic Church


St. Philip Roman Catholic Church photo of St. Philip Roman Catholic Church
The Quaker meetinghouse on this site was purchased at auction by local Catholics in 1863. St. Philip Roman Catholic has been on this corner since then. The first school opened in 1880. The current Romanesque building, dedicated in 1930, after the previous church was destroyed by fire in 1928, was designed by local architect Adelbert B. Chanel. It is St. Philips fifth church to stand at this location.
 

Marker dedicated May 5, 2013

Registered Site L2240
Erected 2012

Location: 112 Capital Avenue NE
Battle Creek, Calhoun County

Topics:
Catholic Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.321051143 W85.17926037
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.