Methodist Episcopal Church of Twin Lake


Methodist Episcopal Church of Twin Lake photo of Methodist Episcopal Church of Twin Lake
In 1883 the Methodist Episcopal Church of Twin Lake Village purchased the land on which this church was built from parishioner Archibald Buell for $35.00. In the next two years members donated their time, talents, and resources to construct this church, which was completed in September 1885 at a cost of $748.38. The church's Ladies Aid Society led a campaign to secure a bell for the church. The bell, forged by the Buckeye Bell Foundry in Cincinnati, Ohio, for a cost of $63.85 was hung in 1891. In 1994, due to the church's growth, services were moved to the annex, built in 1965. Remodeled and renamed the Wesley Chapel, this historic church began holding special services in 2007.
 

Registered Site L2236
Erected 2012

Location: Main St at Fifth St
Twin Lake, Muskegon County

Topics:
Methodist Episcopal Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.361709326 W86.16439819
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.