Battle Creek Community College


Battle Creek Community College photo of Battle Creek Community College
In September 1956 Battle Creek Community College opened near this site. Founded by Battle Creek Public Schools, it was originally housed in a Grand Army of the Republic Hall that was demolished in 1972. Begun with 176 full and part-time students and four faculty, it grew rapidly. A 1959 donation from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation allowed the College to move to its present location, renamed Kellogg Community College.
 

Registered Site L2231
Erected 2012

Location: 100 West Van Buren Street
Battle Creek, Calhoun County

Topics:
Colleges and Universities


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.323924708 W85.18158853
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.