Paint Creek Cemetery


Paint Creek Cemetery photo of Paint Creek Cemetery
The first burial here dates from 1832. Almon and Elvira Mack deeded this land to trustees of the Paint Creek Burial Ground in 1850. Created in 1853, it was known also as the Baldwin Burial Ground. The oldest marker is for Lydia Barnes Potter (1757 - 1836). In 1911 the Daughters of the American Revolution put a plaque at Potter's grave in honor of her work making uniforms during the Revolutionary War. In 2002 they named a chapter in her honor.
 

Photo courtesy of Larry Mix and Gerry Atkinson

Registered Site L2185
Erected 2006

Location: Orion Road, west of Lake George Road
Oakland Twp., Oakland County

Topics:
Cemeteries


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.746503988 W83.17975401
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.