Reed's Livery


Reed's Livery photo of Reed
Roger E. Reed, whose father was a blacksmith and carriage maker, built this structure in 1905. The front of the building housed an office and carriages, while the back was a stable of 25 stalls. Here travelers boarded stages bound for Holland, Grand Rapids, or Allegan, and customers rented horses and wagons. The cement block building was hailed as modern and fireproof, and it served as the village fire station during the 1950s. An Eskimo Pie factory was among the manufacturers once located here.
 

Registered Site L2172
Erected 2007

Location: Culver Street
Saugatuck, Allegan County

Topics:
Commercial Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.654933 W86.203583
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.