Hazelton


Hazelton photo of Hazelton
In 1849 the state of Michigan gave Porter Hazelton over six thousand acres of land in what soon became Hazelton Township. The land was partial payment for his construction of a bridge over the Flint River. A thriving village, popularly known as "Ratville," developed. With an economy based primarily on agriculture, Hazelton by 1863 had three churches, a post office, a general store, and four hundred residents. In 1902 the post office closed as the town gradually disappeared.
 

Registered Site L2171
Erected 2006

Location: New Lothrop Rd, South of Henderson
Hazelton Twp, Shiawassee County

Topics:
Cities and Towns


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.0865358 W83.9681196
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.