Union Depot


Union Depot photo of Union Depot
The Union Depot began passenger service for the Michigan Central and Pere Marquette Railroads in 1902. The Detroit architectural firm of Spier and Rohns, which planned many Michigan Central stations, designed the building with Chateauesque conical towers and cut stone arches. The depot closed in 1972. Restauranteur Peter Jubeck bought the building in 1978 and transformed it into an eatery, retaining the quarter-sawn oak interior and installing locally crafted stained glass windows.
 

Registered Site L2141
Erected 2004

Location: 637 East Michigan
Lansing, Ingham County

Topics:
Transportation


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.7343023 W84.5429813
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.