Union Church and Cemetery


Union Church and Cemetery photo of Union Church and Cemetery
In 1857 Protestants of different denominations established a church and cemetery on property purchased from Zera and Elize Wright. They dedicated the Greek Revival style Union Church on July 4, 1858. The denominations held services on alternating Sundays until 1915. Throughout the years elaborate Memorial Day celebrations have been held at the church. The Ladies Aid Society has maintained the church since 1891.
 

Registered Site L2130
Erected 2003

Location: 10408 Pokagon Hwy at Painter School Rd.
Berrien Center, Berrien County

Topics:
Cemeteries
Churches and Religious Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N41.9303472 W86.2722873
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.