Immanuel Methodist Episcopal Church


Immanuel Methodist Episcopal Church photo of Immanuel Methodist Episcopal Church
German immigrants began organizing Methodist churches in Michigan in 1846. In 1849 a small group founded the Immanuel Methodist Church in Roseville to serve Detroit's northeast side. In 1933, when the Roseville church was razed to widen Gratiot Avenue, the congregation relocated here. This Neo-Gothic sandstone church, the congregation's third was designed by Merritt and Cole of Detroit and was dedicated on November 5, 1933.
 

Registered Site L2123
Erected 2003

Location: 23715 Gratiot Ave
Eastpointe, Macomb County

Topics:
Methodist Episcopal Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.4706981 W82.9544860
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.