Marsh Field


Marsh Field photo of Marsh Field
Marsh Field began its tenure as the principal home of Muskegon baseball when it was completed in 1916. Charles W. Marsh ~~ a Muskegon civic leader, industrialist, and sports enthusiast ~~ spearheaded construction of the park, which he donated to the city in 1919. The first minor league team to play here, the Reds, was a member of the Central League. Muskegon teams were later part of the Michigan State and Michigan - Ontario Leagues. The Muskegon Lassies of the All American Girls Professional League played here from 1946 to 1950. The last professional league played here in 1951. The location of the diamond has not changed since the park opened, and it has been the site of high school games and local amateur baseball programs ever since. The original grandstand was razed in 1957.
 

Registered Site L2120
Erected 2003

Location: Peck St. and Laketon Ave.
Muskegon, Muskegon County

Topics:
Parks


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.21955 W86.24455
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.