Otsego Methodist Church


Otsego Methodist Church photo of Otsego Methodist Church
The Otsego Methodist Church was organized in 1842 as part of a 'circuit' served by a traveling minister. This building dedicated on December 22, 1889, stands on the site of the first church, built in 1847. Over nine hundred townspeople attended the dedication. Civil War mapmaker Charles Prentiss designed the present church with Gothic and Victorian elements. Art Stained Glass Works in Chicago made the windows in the sanctuary.
 

Registered Site L2119
Erected 2003

Location: 223 East Allegan St
Otsego, Allegan County

Topics:
Methodist Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.459984 W85.694703
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.