Bronson Public Library


Bronson Public Library photo of Bronson Public Library
The Bronson library originated in the early 1880s as the Ladies Library Association. In 1888 the township assumed ownership. Built with funds donated by steel tycoon Andrew Carnegie, the Classical Revival Bronson Public Library opened on May 23, 1912. This structure typifies Carnegie libraries. Between 1889 and 1923, Carnegie generated community support for free public libraries across the country with his generous donations.
 

Registered Site L2090
Erected 2000

Location: 207 N. Matteson
Bronson, Branch County

Topics:
Public Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N41.873439 W85.19469
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.