The Presbyterian Church


The Presbyterian Church photo of The Presbyterian Church
In 1831, Luther Humphrey of the American Home Missionary Society organized the Presbyterian Church of Edwardsburg. He described the village as "a few log cabins ... standing amongst the bushes and brush." Members worshipped in homes until the chapel was built in 1856. In 1923, Emily Coolidge Chapin of Chicago donated money to renovate the church. The former Edwardsburg resident was the widow of iron entrepreneur Charles Chapin.
 

Registered Site L2079
Erected 2000

Location: 68961 Lake St. between US-12 and Church St.
Edwardsburg, Cass County

Topics:
Presbyterian Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N41.79717 W86.084803
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.