Park Theatre


Park Theatre photo of Park Theatre
Built in 1949 by D. Eli and Dorothy Frank, this was one of the last single-screen theaters in Kalamazoo County. The Art Moderne-inspired structure is a quonset hut attached to a masonry lobby. Eli and Dorothy also operated a theater in Galesburg. Eli came from a family of small-town theater entrepreneurs. In 1911 his mother Lena opened the Frank Opera House in Wayland. His brothers were also theater owners. The Park Theatre closed in 1996, but remained in use for special events.
 

Registered Site L2060
Erected 2001

Location: 108 E. Clinton Street
Augusta, Kalamazoo County

Topics:
Theaters, Halls, and Arenas


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.3344104 W85.3517693
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.