Swedish Lutheran Church


Swedish Lutheran Church photo of Swedish Lutheran Church
During the 1870s and 1880s, Ludington Swedes, Danes and Norwegians worshipped together as the Scandinavian Lutheran Society. In 1873 the society built a church where all three languages were spoken. The Swedes, who formed their own congregation on August 3, 1874, assumed sole ownership of the building in 1887. In 1901 they built the present church, designed by local architect Charles Boerner.
 

Registered Site L2051
Erected 1999

Location: 501 East Danaher St.
Ludington, Mason County

Topics:
Churches and Religious Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.95162 W86.44192
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.