Saint Jude's Episcopal Church


Saint Jude's Episcopal Church photo of Saint Jude
On May 3, 1858, the Reverend Henry Banwell held Fenton's first Episcopal service for the Ladies Mite Society. The society formally organized as Saint Jude's Episcopal Church on July 18, 1859. In 1860 members built their first church on this site, which was deeded to the parish by William and Adelaide Fenton of Flint. The present Romanesque Revival church, designed by Pratt and Koeppe of Bay City was completed in 1893.
 

Registered Site L2019
Erected 1999

Location: 106 East Elizabeth St.
Fenton, Genesee County

Topics:
Episcopal Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.79248 W83.704995
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.