Methodist Episcopal Church


Methodist Episcopal Church photo of Methodist Episcopal Church
Methodists held the first religious services in Girard Township. Organized in 1832 by the Reverend Ezekiel Gavit, a circuit rider, the congregation met in homes and a school until a church was built in 1844. When the structure burned in 1887 it was replaced with the present one, constructed by J.R. Simmons of Union City who used native hard maple and stones gathered from nearby fields. The building was dedicated on August 31, 1888.
 

Registered Site L2015
Erected 1998

Location: 126 Marshall Rd
Girard Twp, Branch County

Topics:
Methodist Episcopal Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.02837 W85.00129
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.