Norwood Township Hall


Norwood Township Hall photo of Norwood Township Hall
Norwood was settled in 1866 when Orvis Wood, Lucius Pearl, and Orwin Adams built a dock and sawmill on the shore of Lake Michigan. The town thrived as a lumber shipping center with sawmills, a company store, and blacksmith shops. In 1884 the Norwood Township Board approved plans for the construction of the township hall. The building has served as the center of government activity to the present day.
 

Registered Site L1988
Erected 1997

Location: 19759 Lake Street
Norwood, Charlevoix County

Topics:
Public Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N45.2167371 W85.3821802
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.