Saint Peter's Episcopal Church


Saint Peter's Episcopal Church photo of Saint Peter
In 1839 Episcopalians held the first church service in Hillsdale. St. Peterís Church was organized in 1844. The original Gothic Revival church dates from 1859 and forms the Sanctuary of the present church. St. Peterís housed the first pipe organ in and church bell in Hillsdale. In 1881 the steeple, vestibule and transept were added. Following fires in 1935 and 1965 that destroyed most of the interior, the building was restored.
 

Registered Site L1985
Erected 1997

Location: 3 North Broad Street
Hillsdale, Hillsdale County

Topics:
Episcopal Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N41.920123 W84.630749
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.