Kolping Chapel


Kolping Chapel photo of Kolping Chapel
Father Joseph Wuest established the Detroit chapter of the Catholic Kolping Society in 1926. Wuest inscribed "Honor by means of untiring work," on a plaque for this chapel, which he built in 1932. Constructed of stones and shells sent from Kolping societies, churches and missions worldwide, the Neo-Gothic chapel is reminiscent of European wayside shrines. Father Adolph Kolping founded the society in 1846 to benefit German tradesmen and their families.
 

Registered Site L1962
Erected 1997

Location: Kolping Park Sugarbush Ln. south of Cotton
Chesterfield Township, Macomb County

Topics:
Catholic Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.65118 W82.81701
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.