The Gale House


The Gale House photo of The Gale House
Orlando C. and Adeline Gale erected this house 1862. Built in the Italianate style reflects the Gale's prominence. Orlando and his father and brothers owned a succession of hardware and farm implement businesses in Moscow, Jonesville, and Albion. In 1864 Orlando and two of his brothers, Horatio and Augustus, started a farm implement factory in Albion that became the Gale Manufacturing Company in 1874. Production shifted ot automotive parts in the 1930s. The factory ccclosed ion 1968.
 

Registered Site L1942
Erected 2006

Location: 220 W. Mulberry St.
Albion, Calhoun County

Topics:
Historic Homes


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.2485657 W84.7558093
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.