First Congregational Church

First Congregational Church photo of First Congregational Church
The First Congregational Church was formed in 1882. Members purchased this lot in 1883, and the building was completed in 1885. Church women held social fundraisers to help finance its cost. The building features rare Stick style motifs. The church installed stained glass windows in 1884 and the half ton-bell was made of Michigan copper and Banca tin in 1886. It added a wing in 1904 and a fellowship hall in 1970.

Photo courtesy of Joe Finkbeiner.

Registered Site L1930
Erected 2011

Location: 101 State Street
Charlevoix, Charlevoix County

Congregational Churches

Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
N45.318138695 W85.26038646
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
© 1991-2017 James Brennan. All rights reserved.