Methodist Episcopal Church


Methodist Episcopal Church photo of Methodist Episcopal Church
The first Methodist Episcopal Society, the oldest congregation in Hastings, erected this Greek Revival structure in 1860. In 1911 the Methodists built a new church on the northwest corner of Green and Church Streets. The following year it sold the old church to the Independent Order of Odd Fellows, which shared the space with the Rebekahs. In 1987 the Barry County Democratic Party acquired this adaptable building and named it the Thomas Jefferson Hall.
 

Registered Site L1929
Erected 1995

Location: 300 S. Jefferson
Hastings, Barry County

Topics:
Churches and Religious Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.646731 W85.287573
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.