Bay City Boating and Fishing Club


Bay City Boating and Fishing Club photo of Bay City Boating and Fishing Club
In 1894 William Jennison, a yachtsman for fifty years founded the Bay City Boating and Fishing Club. The first clubhouse, located on the Saginaw River, was moved across the ice to this site around 1902. A larger, stylish building was soon erected. The Saginaw Bay Yacht Club, as it was later known, hosted regattas, national boat races and social activities connected with launches from Bay City's shipbuilding yards. The present clubhouse opened in 1960.
 

Registered Site L1916
Erected 1994

Location: 2313 Weadock Hwy
Essexville, Bay County

Topics:
Clubs and Organizations


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.6249936 W83.8366001
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.