Second Baptist Church


Second Baptist Church photo of Second Baptist Church
In 1851 the Reverends J.W. Hackley and D.G. Lett organized the Second Baptist Church under the Anti-Slavery Baptist Association. The first of four churches -- a log building -- was erected on the southeast corner of Sixth and Ferry streets. In 1872 the building was moved to the northeast corner, where the present church stands. During the construction of the third church in 1950 - 51 the congregation was renamed the Mount Calvary Baptist Church. In 1971 a new sanctuary was added to the structure.
 

Registered Site L1902
Erected 1994

Location: 601 Ferry Street
Niles, Berrien County

Topics:
Baptist Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N41.831771 W86.252378
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.